PhatPhibs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pic of the cricket bin

4 posters

Go down

pic of the cricket bin Empty pic of the cricket bin

Post  wickerstone Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:39 pm

Sheri....you might want to close your eyes, cause this is what a bin of over 500 crickets look like. I just got my shipment today and they're sitting under a heat lamp. There are some casualties as you probably can see, which I will have to clean up later, but for $20 shipping included it's still not a bad deal!!!
pic of the cricket bin Tank1501
wickerstone
wickerstone
Baby Pyxie frog
Baby Pyxie frog

Back to top Go down

pic of the cricket bin Empty Re: pic of the cricket bin

Post  KingBullfrogGreg Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:43 pm

Yea thats a pretty good deal, with shipping. Mine are 1000 for $16 I believe, then shipping. I don't give mine heating because then their life cycle speeds up and they die sooner. Although if you want them to get bigger then you would need that.
KingBullfrogGreg
KingBullfrogGreg
Admin
Admin

https://phatphibs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  wickerstone Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:46 pm

I'm only giving them heat now, because they say some of them go into hibernation if the temp goes below 50 and it takes them awhile to come out of it. I will take the heat lamp off, later tonight.
wickerstone
wickerstone
Baby Pyxie frog
Baby Pyxie frog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheri Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:48 pm

Ewww...I can deal with looking at them, but being able to keep them contained, not to mention getting them into another container after receiving them and then having to get some out for feedings without ones getting out or getting on me. Oh the horror!
Sheri
Sheri
Queen Frogger
Queen Frogger

Back to top Go down

Post  JawsofaFrog Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:52 pm

Sheri wrote:Ewww...I can deal with looking at them, but being able to keep them contained, not to mention getting them into another container after receiving them and then having to get some out for feedings without ones getting out or getting on me. Oh the horror!
Yeah, screw crickets.... Mad Dubia Cockroaches. Never a casualty. Never escapees. Breeding and so many babies. Alot more meat to shell ratio. No bad cricket smell. Not flying or jumping bounce ... NO noise. cheers No crickets laying eggs in my frogs coco fiber... cyclops
pic of the cricket bin Dubia00pic of the cricket bin Dubia
JawsofaFrog
JawsofaFrog
African Dwarf frog
African Dwarf frog

Back to top Go down

Post  wickerstone Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:56 pm

I'm getting Dubias in April, but I'm sure it will take some time before a colony is started. Until then....it's crickets!!!
wickerstone
wickerstone
Baby Pyxie frog
Baby Pyxie frog

Back to top Go down

Post  JawsofaFrog Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:00 pm

wickerstone wrote:I'm getting Dubias in April, but I'm sure it will take some time before a colony is started. Until then....it's crickets!!!
Just buy 50 adult, not nymphs Cockroaches. And you will have babis in one-two weeks. I had like 15 babies born (nymphs) in the 1st week with 20 adults. Cool DO It! Here is the deals: http://www.mulberryfarms.com/super2.htm
Write in the descripton text box you want all large roaches. And they will ship all adults. king
JawsofaFrog
JawsofaFrog
African Dwarf frog
African Dwarf frog

Back to top Go down

Post  wickerstone Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:05 pm

Thanks for the advice. That's good to know they grow up that quickly. I'm actually getting my roaches from Chris at the Reptile show in New Hampshire. He's also the one that has my Milks!!!! But if for some reason there's not that many adults, I'll definitely look them up. Thanks
wickerstone
wickerstone
Baby Pyxie frog
Baby Pyxie frog

Back to top Go down

Post  JawsofaFrog Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:07 pm

wickerstone wrote:Thanks for the advice. That's good to know they grow up that quickly. I'm actually getting my roaches from Chris at the Reptile show in New Hampshire. He's also the one that has my Milks!!!! But if for some reason there's not that many adults, I'll definitely look them up. Thanks
I hope he gives you a deal less than $30 for 50. You're welcome. elephant
JawsofaFrog
JawsofaFrog
African Dwarf frog
African Dwarf frog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum