PhatPhibs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

progress on the 30 vert

4 posters

Go down

progress on the 30 vert Empty progress on the 30 vert

Post  wickerstone Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:04 pm

This is really been a lot of work getting this tank together. In order to make a waterfall in the tank, I decided to swipe a pump from my 70 gallon fish tank. Although in order to make the thing look right, I decided to break down the pump. To have a hose come off from the way it is I would have to use a 3/4 inch hose, then reduce it down, then reduce it down again, which to me is a lot of reducing with a gigantic hose coming off the pump. So decided to take a 5/16 adapter and silicone it inside the pump and from there put a smaller hose on. I don't really know if I am making sense right now, maybe I will have to put up pictures. But...in the long run, it will require a smaller hose, instead of a beefy one, that would just look ugly in the tank, so I modified things. Hopefully this works. I will know tomorrow when I try it out! Wish me luck. I will put up some pics of the progress tonite or tomorrow.
wickerstone
wickerstone
Baby Pyxie frog
Baby Pyxie frog

Back to top Go down

progress on the 30 vert Empty Re: progress on the 30 vert

Post  Sheri Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:03 pm

I am a complete dufus when it come to DIY projects. I glue myself to things or put things on backwards!

Good luck with this and please post pics when you can.
Sheri
Sheri
Queen Frogger
Queen Frogger

Back to top Go down

Post  wickerstone Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:07 pm

Sheri, I'm the same way with DIY projects. I once got pissed at the cordless drill because it wouldn't work. I mean...I had a head fit, yelling, kicking the drill across the yard........only to find out I forgot and had the drill in reverse by mistake. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
wickerstone
wickerstone
Baby Pyxie frog
Baby Pyxie frog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheri Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:00 pm

HEHE! Sounds JUST like something I would do. Mad
Sheri
Sheri
Queen Frogger
Queen Frogger

Back to top Go down

Post  wickerstone Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:57 pm

Here's what I was talking about...
progress on the 30 vert Tank1954
progress on the 30 vert Tank1954
progress on the 30 vert Tank1955
progress on the 30 vert Tank1948
progress on the 30 vert Tank1949
progress on the 30 vert Tank1949
progress on the 30 vert Tank1951
The last picture shows where I siliconed bark to the bottom. Unfortunately I got the white silicone today at home depot, where I wanted clear, but i used it anyway. I didn't feel like going back out and that area is always soooo busy. I don't think the white would show. I'll post more pics as the progress continues.
wickerstone
wickerstone
Baby Pyxie frog
Baby Pyxie frog

Back to top Go down

Post  Michelle Houseman Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:58 pm

It's really coming along nicely! Your plants will cover any oopses that might show. I have white showing up on my tank in spots but that's because instead of plant pots siliconed in, we used pvc pipe caps that we could just put plants in smaller ones and slip them into the larger ones. Makes it easy to swap out plants as needed Very Happy

Michelle Houseman
African Dwarf frog
African Dwarf frog

Back to top Go down

Post  wickerstone Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:24 pm

Thanks, Michelle. This really has been a long process. I cannot wait for it to be complete. It just time consuming because everything has to be done in steps and have dry times, etc. I just hope it comes out the way I thought it would. I have to get it done soon, because in less than a month I will have my Milks!!!!! Hooray!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
wickerstone
wickerstone
Baby Pyxie frog
Baby Pyxie frog

Back to top Go down

Post  KingBullfrogGreg Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:53 pm

I'm doing a 30 vert for some darts, tomorrow. I'm using black pond foam so that any places i miss with brown silicone won't be seen as easily. Also, it can be in the water. Yours looks really good. I can't wait to see the finished product.
KingBullfrogGreg
KingBullfrogGreg
Admin
Admin

https://phatphibs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum