PhatPhibs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leptopelis Barbouri

4 posters

Go down

Leptopelis Barbouri Empty Leptopelis Barbouri

Post  Sheri Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:14 pm

This frog is about as far from a fat frog as you can get, but this IS the skinny frog section after all. Very Happy I have been a fan of the Leptopelis group for a long time and finally found a rarer genus. These are pictures of the female Barbour's Forest Tree Frog I will be getting as soon as the weather warms up enough to have her shipped. It snowed 5 inches here today and I wanted to scream!

Leptopelis Barbouri Sfam133

Leptopelis Barbouri Sfam134

Leptopelis Barbouri Sfam135

Here is the setup I have for her. A Zoo Med 12 x 12 x 18. I need more vines/branches for her to climb on. Anyone know where I can get some? The one I have in there is from herpsupplies.com; all the others I ordered are too large.

Leptopelis Barbouri Barbouri%20tank
Sheri
Sheri
Queen Frogger
Queen Frogger

Back to top Go down

Leptopelis Barbouri Empty Re: Leptopelis Barbouri

Post  wickerstone Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:26 pm

Very Nice!!!! And thanks for adding another frog to my I gotta have list!!!! Razz I know what you mean about the snow. Tomorrow night we're supposed to get 12-18 inches of white crap! And you think you want to scream. You should be able to hear me from where you are.
wickerstone
wickerstone
Baby Pyxie frog
Baby Pyxie frog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheri Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:39 pm

Thank you! I can't wait to see her in person.

I will join right in when I hear you scream, although I will warn you that I am tone deaf and make Neil Young sound like an angel from Heaven.
Sheri
Sheri
Queen Frogger
Queen Frogger

Back to top Go down

Post  wickerstone Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:51 pm

You are in the same boat i am in. You have to wait for it to get warmer in order to get your frogs. Doesn't that just irk you?!?!? I've read a few disclaimers on some sellers on Kingsnake and they say they only warranty live arrival only if the temps are above 53 degrees, which means I should be able to order some time in July Evil or Very Mad !!!! May ask where you are getting her??? Don't worry I won't steal her from you (not that the thought hasn't crossed my mind). No I can't....I'm broke after I buy my 3 Milks and etc, so I couldn't possibly do that. There's that frog envy again!!! I just wanted to know so I can look at their site and see what else they have to offer and so I can bookmark them and add their site to the 50 other frog sites i've got listed. Thanks!!!
wickerstone
wickerstone
Baby Pyxie frog
Baby Pyxie frog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheri Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:05 pm

Yes, I am so impatient. I have been waiting since November for my Waxy frogs. They will not ship unless overnight temps are 25 or above. Makes sense to me but it's almost killing me. LOL!

I am getting both the Waxys and the Barbour's from Sandfire Dragon Ranch. Their website is outdated and they do have more frogs available than listed. This is the only Leptopelis they have right now, but if you ask, Mike may put you on a waiting list if he gets any in that they don't keep for stock. He is a VERY smart, nice guy. Answers all questions and enjoys talking frogs for hours. Just email them from the website if you have any questions for them.
Sheri
Sheri
Queen Frogger
Queen Frogger

Back to top Go down

Post  JawsofaFrog Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:07 pm

That is a very beautiful tree frog Sheri. Is your going to be CB or WC? I hope not WC, they will be hard to get thriving.
JawsofaFrog
JawsofaFrog
African Dwarf frog
African Dwarf frog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheri Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:09 pm

Yes, she is WC, but they have had her for 3 years. She was a stock frog and they no longer want/need her. I will gladly give her a home!
Sheri
Sheri
Queen Frogger
Queen Frogger

Back to top Go down

Post  JawsofaFrog Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:09 pm

Off topic. Can we have a quick reply so I don't have to click "new post" each time? Thank you for your consideration and effort. bom
JawsofaFrog
JawsofaFrog
African Dwarf frog
African Dwarf frog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheri Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:11 pm

NO! Absolutely not! Ok, fine, that actually sounds like a very good idea. I will check into that with Greg. Good suggestion!
Sheri
Sheri
Queen Frogger
Queen Frogger

Back to top Go down

Post  JawsofaFrog Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:18 pm

Sheri wrote:NO! Absolutely not! Ok, fine, that actually sounds like a very good idea. I will check into that with Greg. Good suggestion!
Your terrarium is great looking. It appears that you have been keeping it nice lookin' for your new frog's arrival. Surprised
JawsofaFrog
JawsofaFrog
African Dwarf frog
African Dwarf frog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheri Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:59 pm

[quote="JawsofaFrog"]
Sheri wrote: Your terrarium is great looking. It appears that you have been keeping it nice lookin' for your new frog's arrival. Surprised

Yes, I am letting the plants grow in a bit. Patience is not a virtue of mine. Thank you!
Sheri
Sheri
Queen Frogger
Queen Frogger

Back to top Go down

Post  MegophryidaeMan Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:14 pm

Wow, Sheri, that's an incredible frog! I love those eyes! Smile
MegophryidaeMan
MegophryidaeMan
Toad Master
Toad Master