PhatPhibs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brody's not doing well

5 posters

Go down

Brody's not doing well Empty Brody's not doing well

Post  wickerstone Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:24 pm

As some of you might already know, my dog Brody has been diagnosed with Cushing's disease. He's been healthy up to this point, but this is what's going to do him I'm afraid. Sunday night I dropped him off at the kennel and picked him up today and now he doesn't feel like eating. One of the side effects to the drugs he's on. Maybe this is just something that'll pass and tomorrow he will eat, but he hasn't even asked to go outside, which is what Cushing's disease is about...the urge to use the bathroom. Kind of like me, I'm diagnosed with Chron's disease and have had the illness know for 10 years. I have my goods and bad, I hope Brody's just having a bad day and that everything will be better tomorrow. I just worry about him because I cannot have children and he's pretty much my child. Oh well......enough dwelling. Sorry if I depressed the hell out of everyone, I know I feel pretty low, but I just needed to get this off my chest. Crying or Very sad
wickerstone
wickerstone
Baby Pyxie frog
Baby Pyxie frog

Back to top Go down

Brody's not doing well Empty Re: Brody's not doing well

Post  Sheri Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:44 pm

OH, I am so sorry for what you are dealing with right now. Life just plain sucks sometimes, doesn't it? You certainly have every right to be depressed. Please know I am rooting for Brody to just be having a bad day and while it might take 10 years off your life worrying about it today, hopefully tomorrow will be a brighter, healthier day for him (and you). I lost my Rottweiler, Thor, a couple of years ago to progressive hip displaysia (?) and it broke my heart. Like you, I did not have any children when I first brought him home and that dog was my baby and we were glued at the hip. I still am very sad when I think of him...and miss him terribly.

My heart also goes out to you living life with Chron's. My six year old son, Spencer, is a two time cancer survivor and the fear and dark cloud such a disease puts on your life is so so hard to shake some days. I imagine that the creativity you pour into your writing helps some? It's almost a neccesity to find hobbies and interests that make those bad days just a little bit better.

You know me and my intrusive ramblings...all I am trying to say is that you have a friend here who is thinking of you and your family.
Sheri
Sheri
Queen Frogger
Queen Frogger

Back to top Go down

Post  wickerstone Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:57 pm

thanks Sheri. And my heart goes out to you for Spencer. No child should have to go through such drama. I cannot imagine what you were going through and probably still are going through. My disease is nothing compared to what Spencer is going through and hope he never has to go through it again. I hope life is better tomorrow. Again, thanks Sheri, for being there. Take care.......
wickerstone
wickerstone
Baby Pyxie frog
Baby Pyxie frog

Back to top Go down

Post  KingBullfrogGreg Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:35 pm

Wow, I hope that Brody is just havin a rough day. And Sheri I am terribly saddened to hear of your sons illness. Wicker, I pray for a better tomorrow for you and Sheri I pray for the best, for your son.
KingBullfrogGreg
KingBullfrogGreg
Admin
Admin

https://phatphibs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  wickerstone Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:37 pm

thank you Greg. I just took some frustrations out on my drum set. Man....are my ears still ringing
wickerstone
wickerstone
Baby Pyxie frog
Baby Pyxie frog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheri Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:54 pm

Thank you both so much! Life is good for my little guy right now and he is my pride and joy.

wickerstone, I apologize for making this post about me too. That was pretty selfish and I didn't mean to overlap your sad day.
Sheri
Sheri
Queen Frogger
Queen Frogger

Back to top Go down

Post  wickerstone Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:58 pm

no apology needed, Sheri and I didn't see it that way. Well....this is kind of a downer night....Anyone have any jokes. Okay a nun and a prostitute walk into a bar.....oh you heard that one already
wickerstone
wickerstone
Baby Pyxie frog
Baby Pyxie frog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheri Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:05 pm

There is no need for you to bring my mom and grandmother into this now...
Sheri
Sheri
Queen Frogger
Queen Frogger

Back to top Go down

Post  wickerstone Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:07 pm

Ha!!! Ow my God....that's what I needed. Thanks Sheri for making me chuckle!!!
wickerstone
wickerstone
Baby Pyxie frog
Baby Pyxie frog

Back to top Go down

Post  Michelle Houseman Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:42 pm

Big hugs to you and Brody! My prayers are with you!

Sheri- Give Spencer a huge hug from me, have him give you one for me!

Michelle Houseman
African Dwarf frog
African Dwarf frog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheri Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:14 pm

Aww...thanks, Michelle. You are such a sweetheart.
Sheri
Sheri
Queen Frogger
Queen Frogger

Back to top Go down

Post  Michelle Houseman Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:19 pm

Thanks! I'm just a Mom of a child that was born at 26wks. and weighed 2lbs.7oz. that has no sweat glands and a rare genetic disorder(Greg). Plus a petlover. Smile

Michelle Houseman
African Dwarf frog
African Dwarf frog

Back to top Go down

Post  KingBullfrogGreg Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:22 pm

Michelle Houseman wrote:Thanks! I'm just a Mom of a child that was born at 26wks. and weighed 2lbs.7oz. that has no sweat glands and a rare genetic disorder(Greg). Plus a petlover. Smile
Shocked 2 lbs! That is tiny!
KingBullfrogGreg
KingBullfrogGreg
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheri Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:34 pm

Oh my goodness, that is so very tiny! It is so difficult to watch our little ones go through so much at such a young age. Really tests your sanity at times. How old is Greg now?

Hey wickerstone, you hanging out? My grandma has to find her dentures and push up bra and then she is making a road trip to kung fu your butt!
Sheri
Sheri
Queen Frogger
Queen Frogger

Back to top Go down

Post  Michelle Houseman Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:37 pm

Greg turns 18 March 25 and still has disabilities and behavior issues.

Did Grandma borrow your suped up broom Laughing

Michelle Houseman
African Dwarf frog
African Dwarf frog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheri Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:10 pm

Michelle Houseman wrote:Greg turns 18 March 25 and still has disabilities and behavior issues.

Did Grandma borrow your suped up broom Laughing

Well, I am going to turn those hugs right back around on all of you.

Actually, the broom I now have was my grandma's hand-me-down. Her pay is better than mine and I needed a family heirloom anyway... tongue
Sheri
Sheri
Queen Frogger
Queen Frogger

Back to top Go down

Post  wickerstone Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:04 pm

Brody has not turned around. In fact he's become pretty lethargic. We called the vet and explained the symptoms...he hasn't been eating and squatting all the time to go pee, but hardly goes after the first attempt. They said he has a urinary tract infection, since the cancer pills he has weakens his immune system. So he has now stopped accepting snacks, since he realized I've been hiding pills in them, which in the end I had to force these pills down his throat and he was not happy. In fact, less than ten minutes he threw everything up. This morning I gave him his pills again and before I could get out the door to go to work, he threw up everything again. I don't really know what to do. I only hope I'm doing the right thing. I'll know more later, but now I have my doubts things will get better. I'm just hanging in there....hoping for a miracle.
wickerstone
wickerstone
Baby Pyxie frog
Baby Pyxie frog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheri Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:41 pm

I am so sorry Brody is not doing any better. It must break your heart to see him like this. Poor guy! Crying or Very sad More hugs from me.
Sheri
Sheri
Queen Frogger
Queen Frogger

Back to top Go down

Post  wickerstone Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:49 pm

Thanks Sheri. It has broken my heart. Tammy was just down here, trying to help give him his pill and he just spit them up, so I couldn't give him any pills. And so she was hugging him and just crying, wishing he'd just get better. It's almost too much to take, so I'm kind of in limbo right now. My brain is not working. I've tried writing, but my mind is a blank. I just don't know. I'm going to give this through the weekend and if things do not improve I'm going to have no choice but to put my buddy down. Crying or Very sad
wickerstone
wickerstone
Baby Pyxie frog
Baby Pyxie frog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheri Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:52 pm

Oh, I would be crying too. This will probably be one of the toughest decisions you two will make, but overall it might be best for Brody if he is this unwell. I will keep you all in my prayers.
Sheri
Sheri
Queen Frogger
Queen Frogger

Back to top Go down

Post  jokersmoker Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:28 pm

wickerstone wrote:Thanks Sheri. It has broken my heart. Tammy was just down here, trying to help give him his pill and he just spit them up, so I couldn't give him any pills. And so she was hugging him and just crying, wishing he'd just get better. It's almost too much to take, so I'm kind of in limbo right now. My brain is not working. I've tried writing, but my mind is a blank. I just don't know. I'm going to give this through the weekend and if things do not improve I'm going to have no choice but to put my buddy down. Crying or Very sad

Good luck, I hope this works out for you. This is tough, I really wish you the best.
jokersmoker
jokersmoker
King Smoke No Joke
King Smoke No Joke

Back to top Go down

Post  KingBullfrogGreg Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:36 pm

I'm really sorry for you. Hopefully it doesn't come to you having to put him down. I've had to put down a boxer that had cancer, around 5(?) years ago. I was sooo sad too, so I partially understand how your feeling.
KingBullfrogGreg
KingBullfrogGreg
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Michelle Houseman Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:28 pm

My hopes and prayers to Brody, Tammy and you!!! Please remember that it takes a big,selfless heart to make that kind of decision and that as much as it hurts that you are only doing the best thing for Brody. I've always made a decision based on quality of life. Sometimes they may be ready but hang on because we aren't ready. You'll make the best and kindest decision when he looks at you, you'll just know! Big, warm hugs to you all !!!!

Michelle Houseman
African Dwarf frog
African Dwarf frog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum