PhatPhibs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

two woodpeckers battling it out

3 posters

Go down

two woodpeckers battling it out Empty two woodpeckers battling it out

Post  wickerstone Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:44 pm

I was outside while Broody was doing his business and on one group of trees there was a woodpecker smacking his head against a tree trying to find food, then across the road, there was a different woodpecker doing the same thing. I don't know...it just kind of made me chuckle and happy to have heard them. In the still of winter every noise is magnified ten times over and it sounded extremely loud.
wickerstone
wickerstone
Baby Pyxie frog
Baby Pyxie frog

Back to top Go down

two woodpeckers battling it out Empty Re: two woodpeckers battling it out

Post  wickerstone Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:45 pm

I confess...I just wanted to be the first to put something in the bird section!!! LOL!!! Razz
wickerstone
wickerstone
Baby Pyxie frog
Baby Pyxie frog

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandy K Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:40 pm

Speaking of wood peckers. I had this wood pecker hanging around my apartment building for awhile. It would peck in the corner of my bedroom and wake me up. It went away for a time but the other morning I heard the wood pecker pecking away on my roommate's room. I guess he is back. Luckily he/she hasn't found my room again. So far I have been sleeping soundlessly.
Mandy K
Mandy K
Egg
Egg

Back to top Go down

Post  wickerstone Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:08 pm

Those darn woodpeckers!!!!!
wickerstone
wickerstone
Baby Pyxie frog
Baby Pyxie frog

Back to top Go down

Post  JawsofaFrog Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:21 pm

Mandy K wrote:Speaking of wood peckers. I had this wood pecker hanging around my apartment building for awhile. It would peck in the corner of my bedroom and wake me up. It went away for a time but the other morning I heard the wood pecker pecking away on my roommate's room. I guess he is back. Luckily he/she hasn't found my room again. So far I have been sleeping soundlessly.
That must have been loud. I have heard 'em, but on your building.... must have been loud.
JawsofaFrog
JawsofaFrog
African Dwarf frog
African Dwarf frog

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandy K Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:24 pm

JawsofaFrog wrote:
Mandy K wrote:Speaking of wood peckers. I had this wood pecker hanging around my apartment building for awhile. It would peck in the corner of my bedroom and wake me up. It went away for a time but the other morning I heard the wood pecker pecking away on my roommate's room. I guess he is back. Luckily he/she hasn't found my room again. So far I have been sleeping soundlessly.
That must have been loud. I have heard 'em, but on your building.... must have been loud.

Yeah, it is loud. Buy my roommate and I have learned that if we bang on the wall back to them they fly away. Sometimes they don't get the hint so I just get up and great the day. What to do....
Mandy K
Mandy K
Egg
Egg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum