PhatPhibs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nebuchadnezza

3 posters

Go down

Nebuchadnezza Empty Nebuchadnezza

Post  Nebuchadnezza Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:52 pm

Hello to all of you.
I'm Nebuchadnezza and like all of you I'm very fond of frogs.
My hobby started in London, England, When I was around 12 years old and pond dipping with my friends, catching frogs, toads, newts and tadpoles. Then whilst at middle school my teacher who was into reptiles got snakes, water dragons, monitor lizards and a few fire bellied toads, my teacher also took us to the pet shop where I saw many many frogs and toads.
I continued to read up on frogs and toads, and when I was 16 (legal age to buy pets without parental consent) bought my first fire bellied toads, since then it's been non stop. In my flat (apartment to the us peeps) I had 20 + vivariums.
I have kept fire bellied toads (european, oriental and giant) common toads, common frogs, newts, european green toads, whites tree frogs (austrailian blues and indonesians), pac man frogs (cranwells, ornates and fantasies) dwarf african bullfrogs, giant african bullfrogs, budgetts frogs, surinam toads, cane/marine toads (true giant surinams and true giant guyanans, and austrailian) smooth sided toads, red eyed tree frogs, tiger salamanders ( i know they are not frogs but they are awesome), spadefoot toads, colorado river toads, southern toads, american bullfrogs, indian bullfrogs, goliath frogs (not the true ones), rococo toads. cuban tree frogs.......... I think that's it, I'm sure there are more I have missed out.
Unfortunately I had to sell the whole collection (vivariums, supplies,animals, EVERYTHING) because I immigrated to Florida USA. Things you do when you have a child.
I restarted my collection in 2005 but I am not going as crazy as I did back in the UK, now that I am a father (which is the most awesome thing to ever happen to me), priorities have changed. Although I am often tempted and overcome with momentary lapses of frog fever, when you have ideas and plans to buy more and more frogs, and then reality sets in and I get a grip of myself.
I'm sticking with my faves, whites tree frogs (7), giant african bullfrogs (5), colorado river toads (7), cane toads (3), rococo toads(0) still looking, tiger salamanders (6) and smooth sided toads (0) still looking.
Other pets I have are hamsters (not feeders) and 2 dogs (again not feeders).
Other forums I belong to are talkto.thefrog.org and frogfreaks, I'm sure I belong to more, but these days time is limited so I go on them once in blue moon.
I'm more of a lurker than a poster, so I may reach 100 posts in 10 years, but if you have any questions just email me, and if I can help, I shall.
Nice to meet you all.

Neb

Nebuchadnezza
Egg
Egg

Back to top Go down

Nebuchadnezza Empty Re: Nebuchadnezza

Post  Sheri Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:58 pm

Hello Neb!!! I first met you over at the frog when you posted the adorable picture of mini me and you. So glad you joined us over here and told us a bit about yourself. You have really kept a well rounded amount of phibs in your time. Still do if you ask me.

Really nice to have you here! Smile
Sheri
Sheri
Queen Frogger
Queen Frogger

Back to top Go down

Post  wickerstone Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:25 pm

Welcome!!! I've seen you on the frog, so you're no stranger, but am glad you joined phat phibs. You must have had a killer collection growing up!!! How are the availabilities to frogs in the UK different than what we in the states??? Any way, glad you're aboard and look forward in hearing from you.
wickerstone
wickerstone
Baby Pyxie frog
Baby Pyxie frog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum