PhatPhibs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it bad to look for a new friend too soon??

5 posters

Go down

Is it bad to look for a new friend too soon?? Empty Is it bad to look for a new friend too soon??

Post  wickerstone Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:32 am

I'm just lonely after the passing of Brody and I am already looking for a new companion. Crying or Very sad A part of me says it's too soon, but another part needs to fill the void Brody's been for eight years. I am looking for a dog just like him, because he was such a good dog. My mom didn't think I should get a dog just like him, because they think I am looking for another Brody. In a way, I am, but I know no dog can replace Brody, but the breed was right. I mean, I don't want a poodle (no offense to those that have poodles), I like big dogs. Here's a pic of the dog I am looking at. His name is Cotton and he's from Kentucky. If I got him I will not get him until the end of the month, from someone who rescues these dogs. It's a pretty cool program. I'd like to know what you guys think. I don't get offend too easy if you disagree with my decision. Thanks.
http://maine.craigslist.org/pet/1064721782.html
He is cut though, I still don't know much details, as to why he hasn't been scooped up yet. I will know more Monday. Keep my fingers and toes crossed!
wickerstone
wickerstone
Baby Pyxie frog
Baby Pyxie frog

Back to top Go down

Is it bad to look for a new friend too soon?? Empty Re: Is it bad to look for a new friend too soon??

Post  Michelle Houseman Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:41 am

Do what your heart tells you! You know whats best for you and your family. When we lost our cat this summer and I went thru the same thing. Guess what...we have 3 kittens and adore them all Very Happy

Michelle Houseman
African Dwarf frog
African Dwarf frog

Back to top Go down

Is it bad to look for a new friend too soon?? Empty Re: Is it bad to look for a new friend too soon??

Post  Sheri Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:44 am

He is super cute. Cotton, love the name too!

Everyone grieves differently and you enjoyed and loved Brody very much. To want another companion isn't a bad thing at all. You just lost a best friend and if helping you feel better about that means getting another buddy, then that is what you should do. Some people are afraid of the loss again or think they are disrespecting the one they lost by getting a new friend to help fill a void, but you are not replacing Brody, you are helping yourself and one lucky dog to a fresh start.

Go for it if it is what you want! Brody has his special place in your heart, but you have a big heart and there is room for Cotton too!
Sheri
Sheri
Queen Frogger
Queen Frogger

Back to top Go down

Post  wickerstone Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:50 am

thank you michelle and sheri for your kind words. It means a lot.
wickerstone
wickerstone
Baby Pyxie frog
Baby Pyxie frog

Back to top Go down

Post  KingBullfrogGreg Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:34 am

I don't think so. When i had a cat killed 6 years ago by a dog, i was devastated but still looked for a new one pretty soon after. And now i have my favorite cat ever, who is your cats twin.
KingBullfrogGreg
KingBullfrogGreg
Admin
Admin

https://phatphibs.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  wickerstone Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:40 am

thanks, Greg. Yeah it's weird how our cats were separated at birth! LOL! I could see the show hitting Montel, cats reuniting with kin! Very Happy
wickerstone
wickerstone
Baby Pyxie frog
Baby Pyxie frog

Back to top Go down

Post  jokersmoker Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:44 am

My belief is there is nothing wrong with getting a new buddy. It helps with the pain so much. I know when angel passes I will think of her a lot, like she was really a family member. She is my baby. But wick, I say go to the humane society or something and rescue a little puppy, that would be both awesome, and awesome of you Smile
jokersmoker
jokersmoker
King Smoke No Joke
King Smoke No Joke

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down