PhatPhibs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how does everyone clean their tank???

2 posters

Go down

how does everyone clean their tank??? Empty how does everyone clean their tank???

Post  wickerstone Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:26 pm

Every night I give my WTFs fresh treated water. They have 2 plastic water dishes that look like rocks. Every time I take the dishes out before I shut off the lights and clean them with treated water and a 100% natural cleaner called Healthy Habitat put out by Natural Chemistry. I guess the point to this question is that my dishes have kind of been tarnished somewhat with the coco substrate and I wonder if I'm cleaning these plastic dishes incorrectly??? Embarassed It's been bugging me for some time and I thought I'd ask despite how silly and simple the question may be. Am I supposed to be using hot water??? Boiling them routinely???? I just don't know. Could someone clarify this for me, in case I am doing it wrong and my poor whites get sick. Thanks
wickerstone
wickerstone
Baby Pyxie frog
Baby Pyxie frog

Back to top Go down

how does everyone clean their tank??? Empty Re: how does everyone clean their tank???

Post  Sheri Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:27 pm

To be honest with you, I just scrub my Whites water dishes with really hot water every night. I don't use anything special except a scrub sponge if the dishes have some shed left on them. I do have a seperate sponge for each tank though.
Sheri
Sheri
Queen Frogger
Queen Frogger

Back to top Go down

how does everyone clean their tank??? Empty Re: how does everyone clean their tank???

Post  wickerstone Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:31 pm

Thanks. I just don't want nothing to happen to my guys and girl!!!
wickerstone
wickerstone
Baby Pyxie frog
Baby Pyxie frog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheri Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:34 pm

I think that if you clean them every night, this doesn't allow anything nasty to build up in the water. You are using treated water and cleaning frequently, so this should prevent the issues that could come with them bathing in unclean conditions. In fact, if my water dish isn't all that dirty, I have let it go a night, but no longer just to be safe. I too don't want anything bad to happen to my babies.
Sheri
Sheri
Queen Frogger
Queen Frogger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down