PhatPhibs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction - Very new to frogs

+3
JawsofaFrog
jokersmoker
Mandy K
7 posters

Go down

Introduction - Very new to frogs Empty Introduction - Very new to frogs

Post  Mandy K Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:17 pm

Hey Everyone,
I thought I should probably introduce myself. My name is Mandy. I am finishing up my last couple of quarters at Walla Walla University. I will be graduating next year with a double degree major in Elementary Education and Spanish. I am desperately wanting to get a WTF and I will hopefully soon. I have never owned any sort of amphibian or reptile. I have only ever had dogs and cats. I can not currently get a puppy because the apartment I am in wont allow it. I will probably need a lot of help and I will probably ask a lot of questions. I want to make sure that I do everything correctly. I will make sure to let everyone know when I finally get my frog. I will need help and I will be thankful for any and all advice. I am excited to be on this forum. Very Happy
Mandy K
Mandy K
Egg
Egg

Back to top Go down

Introduction - Very new to frogs Empty Re: Introduction - Very new to frogs

Post  jokersmoker Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:21 pm

Mandy K wrote:Hey Everyone,
I thought I should probably introduce myself. My name is Mandy. I am finishing up my last couple of quarters at Walla Walla University. I will be graduating next year with a double degree major in Elementary Education and Spanish. I am desperately wanting to get a WTF and I will hopefully soon. I have never owned any sort of amphibian or reptile. I have only ever had dogs and cats. I can not currently get a puppy because the apartment I am in wont allow it. I will probably need a lot of help and I will probably ask a lot of questions. I want to make sure that I do everything correctly. I will make sure to let everyone know when I finally get my frog. I will need help and I will be thankful for any and all advice. I am excited to be on this forum. Very Happy

Welcome! You will get a lot of help with whatever questions you have Smile Everyone here is happily addicted to frogs, so we are here at your dispense Smile Frogs are the coolest type of pet to own in my opinion.
jokersmoker
jokersmoker
King Smoke No Joke
King Smoke No Joke

Back to top Go down

Post  JawsofaFrog Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:34 pm

Be careful where you buy from. You could be sold a sick animal. Be sure to buy Vitamin D3 the day you get a reptile or amphibian.
http://www.repcal.com/supp.htm#Ultrafine%20Calcium
Rep-Cal Calcium with Vitamin D3
It should be used about every other to every feeding to your baby herp (reptile or amphibian) to keep your pet healthy. And it is called dusting. Shake the food in a platsic clean container.
You need this for all water used with a herp:
http://www.petco.com/product/5445/Zoo-Med-ReptiSafe-Instant-Terrarium-Water-Conditioners.aspx
JawsofaFrog
JawsofaFrog
African Dwarf frog
African Dwarf frog

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandy K Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:38 pm

JawsofaFrog wrote:Be careful where you buy from. You could be sold a sick animal. Be sure to buy Vitamin D3 the day you get a reptile or amphibian.
It should be used about every other to every feeding to your baby herp (reptile or amphibian) to keep your pet healthy. And it is called dusting. Shake the food in a platsic clean container.
http://www.petco.com/product/5445/Zoo-Med-ReptiSafe-Instant-Terrarium-Water-Conditioners.aspx

I am in a very small town so one of my only resources to buy from is PetCo. Have you had bad experiences from there or heard of people with bad experiences? How do I make sure that I get a healthy frog? Are there certain questions to ask?

Last edited by Mandy K on Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mandy K
Mandy K
Egg
Egg

Back to top Go down

Post  Michelle Houseman Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:38 pm

Wecome to the forum and big hug to you!

Michelle Houseman
African Dwarf frog
African Dwarf frog

Back to top Go down

Post  JawsofaFrog Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:50 pm

Mandy K wrote:
JawsofaFrog wrote:Be careful where you buy from. You could be sold a sick animal. Be sure to buy Vitamin D3 the day you get a reptile or amphibian.

I am in a very small town so one of my only resources to buy from is PetCo. Have you had bad experiences from there or heard of people with bad experiences? How do I make sure that I get a healthy frog? Are there certain questions to ask?
Just be sure the frog is not thinning and does not have discolored eyes. And the enclosure should be without debris. The frog should have clear skin and bright eyes. If the frog does not try to get away from the employee after he grabs it, it is a good chance it is weak and taken not care of properly. It should be very agile if it is healthy when it is cornered. Oh and Welcome! I love you

Last edited by JawsofaFrog on Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
JawsofaFrog
JawsofaFrog
African Dwarf frog
African Dwarf frog

Back to top Go down

Post  PacmanEOS Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:24 pm

Welcome aboard. It's a great thing what you're doing. Research before buying is key Wink
PacmanEOS
PacmanEOS
Tadpole
Tadpole

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheri Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:07 pm

Welcome Mandy! Thanks for introducing yourself. We welcome any and all of your questions. We are all serious frog addicts and would like to have you join us! tongue
Sheri
Sheri
Queen Frogger
Queen Frogger

Back to top Go down

Post  wickerstone Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:12 pm

Welcome Mandy!!! IF you have any questions, I can answer anything and everything....I'm like a super computer minus the monitor. Any way...don't be afraid to ask questions we are here to help OR is it protect and serve....No....that's somebody else.
wickerstone
wickerstone
Baby Pyxie frog
Baby Pyxie frog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down